February 11, 2011 in New Recipes
Just a few more days left until Valentine’s Day and we’ve got two recipes that will have your Valentine’s heart beating for more. Sweetheart Sugar Cookies and Sweetheart Raspberry Linzer Cookies are just what the love doctor ordered for your day of love. Find out how you can make these delicious cookies.
Let us know how you and your sweetheart enjoy these.
Sweetheart Sugar Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup agave nectar
¾ cup unsalted butter
1. Attach HealthMaster Pitcher to Base and rotate clockwise to lock in place.
2. Place all wet ingredients into the Pitcher. Secure and lock the Lid and Cap in place. Press ON button. Press RUN button. Increase the speed to 4 until blended.
3. Press OFF button. Remove the Lid and add the remaining ingredients. Replace Lid to locked position. Press ON button. PULSE to mix.
4. Pour batter into a covered bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and place on a floured surface. Roll it out with a roller until it is ¼ inch thick.
6. Cut out pieces of the dough with a heart-shaped cookie cutter and a circle cookie cutter and spread it evenly. Repeat until all cookies are finished.
7. Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
8. Set aside and allow to cool. Frost with Strawberry and Vanilla Frosting and decorate with a Valentine’s Day theme.
Sweetheart Raspberry Linzer Cookies
4 cups fresh raspberries
8 tsp. raspberry jam
1. Make the Sugar Cookies from the above recipe. After cutting the dough with the heart-shaped cookie cutter, use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the middle of half of the cookies, to create an open-heart cookie.
2. Attach HealthMaster Pitcher to Base and rotate clockwise to lock in place.
3. Place the raspberries and raspberry jam into the Pitcher. Secure and lock the Lid and Cap in place.
4. Press ON button. Press RUN button. Increase the speed to 4 until blended.
5. Press OFF button. Layer the raspberry filling onto the whole cookie. Top it with the cookie with the open-heart cutout. Repeat until all cookie are finished. Top with powdered sugar.